May 23, 2011

Endings and New Beginnings

I am moving this blog from Blogger and to Tumblr. There will be no more updates here, and all new updates will be at this new location.

Essentially, the reasoning behind the move was that Blogger was no longer a good fit for the way I wanted to maintain this blog. Don’t get me wrong, Blogger is a wonderful platform, and still has a few advantages over Tumblr. However, what it came down to for me was that Blogger was not implementing a few core features that I desperately wanted to use, such as greater control over editing the theme.

This is a particularly emotional decision for me since this was the place where I first started writing seriously about astronomy and space, and the experience has taught me so much. Even though this move does not signify at all an ending of what I love to do, it is the ending of a big chapter of it. But with that ending, has come a new beginning, one that will allow me to better achieve the goals I have wanted for the project. Something I have started to value, especially recently, is the ability to remain agile and quickly adopt something new and better for me, and not hold onto the past for its own sake.

With that, this location should remain completely functional for archival purposes, but all new updates will be found here. Thanks for all your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment